We recommend that every customer test their alarm system monthly. This ensures that every is working properly and if for some unfortunate reason something was to become unplugged or unresponsive, we can catch it before any emergency happens.
To conduct your monthly alarm system test, you will follow these 5 easy steps below:
- Call Grand Central Monitoring at: 1 (800)-458-4519
- Inform them that you are running your monthly “TEST” on your system. This is important to do because this will notify them that your alarm will be triggered intentionally and to not follow dispatch protocol. (You then can hang up, you will call them back to complete the test).
- Arm your home security system
- Set the alarm off and let it right for approximately one minute.
- Call Grand Central back, confirm with them that they received the signals and conclude the testing with them and request that your system be set back to regular alarm dispatch protocols.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at the office at: (916) 329-1950.